Friday, January 18, 2008

LOVE YOUR CERVIX!!!

I am on the mailing list for Planned Parenthood. Regardless of how you feel about certain procedures that they provide or the whole entire birth control issue, I got an email today that is extremely important no matter what you think about family planning.

Your Cervix.

or the Cervix of your loved one(s)

This is part of the body of the email, please read it and do what it says, it's extremely important for the health of every woman in this world.


Top Three Ways to Love Your Cervix(or the Cervix of Someone You Love)

1. Get a Pap test. I know, I know, this seems obvious. But think about it: When WAS your last Pap test? Start taking care of it this very moment. It couldn't be more important, and Planned Parenthood couldn't make it easier for you to find your nearest health center and make an appointment. Please don't put it off; you owe me a Pap and a cervical cancer screening at least once a year: Make your appointment now.

2. Get the HPV vaccine. You may have heard about this one in the news — well, now it's time to take advantage of it. Protect me from the types of human papilloma virus (HPV) responsible for 70 percent of all cervical cancer cases, not to mention genital warts. Check out these YouTube videos to learn more about me, HPV, and the HPV vaccine.

3. Have safer sex. Okay, duh. But seriously, when I say safer, I mean using protection every time. Add HPV and cervical cancer to the long list of reasons why safer sex is sexier sex, and remember: your cervix cannot protect you, so please protect your cervix. Find out more about protection and safer sex here.



utilize the links if you need to for resources on pap tests and possibly the HPV vaccine. I am still undecided about the vaccine but it seems to have done good for many women, check it out at least!

1 comment:

Party Girl said...

The only draw back about the vaccine is that most insurances do not cover it. (DO NOT get me started on that one) And, of course, it's rather expensive (about $150 per shot, takes three shots.)
BUT, I feel very patiently about cervical, vaginal, overall female health issues, so, my health is worth $450.00 ad three seperate visits to the dr.